Green Energy Incentives
Through the implementation of the Green Energy Act, the Province of Ontario has committed to growing the province’s Green Energy Sector. By solidifying the FIT and micro-FIT programs, communities and businesses in Ontario can participate in this new Green Economy. Financial incentives are provided for energy generated from alternative sources, for more information CLICK HERE.
Hydro-Electric Power Generation Projects
Hydroméga is developing four “run-of-river” waterpower facilities totaling more than $100 million:
- Adding 22 MW of clean renewable energy generation
- Four sites are located within 45 kilometres of Kapuskasing
- Old Woman Falls
- Camp Three Rapids
- White Otter Falls
- Big Beaver Falls
- The Town of Kapuskasing is partnering with Hydroméga in the development of the Old Woman Falls site
The Lower Mattagami River Project will add nearly 450 MW of new energy to be generated without creating new dams on other rivers at an estimated cost of $2.6 Billion.
- All four sites are located 70 km Northeast of Kapuskasing
- Little Long Power Generating Station
- Harmon Power Generating Station
- Kipling Power Generating Station
- Smoky Falls Power Generating Station
A Solar Photovoltaic Energy Project will add 6 MW of renewable energy to the provincial grid. A German based company has received a FIT contract from the Ontario Power Authority. The construction phase of the project is scheduled to commence in 2011.
Located close to powerful rivers and having access to wood and agricultural waste from biomass use, Kapuskasing is already becoming the sunny northern community of choice for producers of green and renewable energies – representing very significant business opportunities for you!