To ensure that Kapuskasing remains a competitive environment in which industries and businesses flourish, the Kapuskasing Economic Development Corporation has developed a set of PRIORITIES, VALUES AND PRINCIPLES. These community directives are aimed at enhancing the openness and competitive nature of Kapuskasing’s economy and include:
- Creating cooperative partnerships with surrounding municipalities.
- Creating sustainable employment opportunities for our citizens.
- Attracting new businesses, industries and other commercial enterprises through expansion and development.
- Retaining and supporting existing businesses.
- Encouraging the participation of all citizens in the Economic Development of Kapuskasing including discussions and focus sessions with various groups including youth, First Nations, and the business and education sectors.
Using the above principles as the means to secure economic growth and prosperity, Kapuskasing has also focused on targeted industrial sectors. The local business climate in Kapuskasing is very conducive for the growth of our target industries which include:
To learn more about the opportunities in these sectors, click on one of the above links.