Top 25 Things to do in Kapuskasing
1. Explore Kapuskasing’s heritage by visiting the Ron Morel
2. Attend one of Kapuskasing’s many festivals such as the
Lumberjack Heritage Festival, Festival of Lights and “Festival
de la St-Jean.”
3. Tee off at one of the most challenging golf courses in Northern
Ontario at the Kapuskasing Golf Club.
4. Enjoy the warm weather with your children by cooling down at
the Riverside Water Park.
5. Visit the Welcome Centre, newly renovated in its original 1930’s
6. Shop for fresh produce and homemade crafts at the local
7. Create an adventure on horseback at Starview Stables.
8. Discover a part of Kapuskasing’s history by visiting the Prisoner
of War Internees Memorial and Cemetery at the edge of town.
9. Enjoy the winter scenery by snowmobiling through the region’s
numerous groomed trails.
10. Escape life’s pressures by gazing at the crisp northern skies,
bright stars and impressive Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
11. Admire local talents by visiting the art gallery at the “Centre de
12. Enhance your physical fitness by ice skating, curling, playing
hockey or ringette at the Sports Palace and Curling Club.
13. Relax with your family by planning an elaborate camping trip
in Kapuskasing’s surrounding wilderness.
14. Enjoy the unique downtown core of “The Model Town of the
North” by strolling the cobblestone sidewalks and visit
the many shops.
15. Keep active during the winter months by downhill skiing, crosscountry
skiing or snow shoeing at the René Brunelle Ski Lodge
and Kap Nordic Skiers.
16. Curl up by the fireplace with a good book at the Kapuskasing Library.
17. Participate in a variety of special events such as the Miss
Kapuskasing Pageant, the Winter Carnival, the Annual Ice
Fishing Derby, and the Horticultural and Handicraft Show.
18. Enjoy quality time with your family members and challenge them
to a game of tennis in Riverside Park.
19. Savour the famous Cream Puffs of “La Boulangerie,” one of the
few remaining bakeries in Northern Ontario.
20. Try your hand at weaving a traditional blanket at the Golden
21. Stay fit by swimming, canoeing or kayaking on our many pristine
lakes and rivers.
22. Venture out on your ATV’s into the vast wilderness of the North.
23. Sample the food in Kapuskasing’s fine restaurants.
24. Study two examples of neo-gothic architecture of the Tudor by
visiting the Civic Centre and Drury Place built in the late 1920’s.
25. Stroll in the Riverside Park along the Kapuskasing River to view
nature at its finest.