The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is the chief policy advisor for the Mayor and Council, and is responsible in ensuring the efficient management of the municipality's corporate and financial affairs in accordance with all applicable by-laws and regulations.
Core Function Responsibilities
- Acting liaison between Council and staff
- Provides vision and leadership to administer, organize, direct and manage the business affairs of the municipality
- Leads management and staff in implementing Council decision
- Ensures the goals and objectives established by Council are achieved
- Ensures that corporate policies established by Council are implemented
- Oversees major projects and key initiatives
- Leads and directs management and administrative operations
- Maintains a fiscally responsible Municipal Budget
- Maintains positive connections with all levels of Government, other municipalities as well as various local boards and committees
The following supervisors report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO):
To contact the Chief Administrative Officer, Guylain Baril, call 705-337-4253 or email.