The primary function of the Public Works department is to provide the required maintenance of all:
- sanitary sewers
- water mains
- parking lots
- and much more
Public Works is also responsible for:
Did you know?
- All street lighting concerns or inquiries are to be presented to the Public Works department via the Public Service Request (PSR).
- Winter sanding is provided on a daily basis and on an emergency basis via the department on-call system.
- Snow removal operations are carried out in both commercial and residential areas on a priority roadway basis.
- Public Works maintains and repairs storm sewers that collect rain run-off from streets.
- Public Works also maintains and repairs water mains, hydrants, valves and water service connections to property lines.
- Public Works plows and sands some sidewalks during the winter months, mainly along major routes and school routes.
- In the springtime, the Public Works department performs a streetsweep in order to remove winter sand build-up.
- The Public Works department undertakes a program of sidewalk and curb repairs each year based on the identified needs.
Public Service Request (PSR)
If you see a problem around town that needs to be fixed or if you require a service call, please use our Public Service Request (PSR) online service.
To contact the Public Works department, call 705-337-4468 or email.