Welcome to Kapuskasing - the Model Town of the North!
We are pleased to invite you into our charming community, whether you're just passing through or staying for a while.
To get things started...
Make sure to drop by the Welcome Centre to chat with one of our friendly travel counsellors - they will be more than happy to help you and provide you with the necessary information to make your stay in Kapuskasing a great one!
And don't leave without grabbing a copy of the Northern Corridor Business & Tourism Guide. With its handy Business Directory, suggestions on what to see and do and great photos, the Guide is the perfect takeaway resource for travellers.
Top 33 things to do in Kapuskasing:
- Admire local art by visiting the Galerie Paquin at the Centre de Loisirs
- Attend the Kapuskasing Lumberjack Heritage Festival in July
- Catch the "big one" during the Kapuskasing River Walleye Tournament in August
- Celebrate your Francophone roots during Le Festival de la St-Jean in June
- Challenge your friends and family to a game of tennis in Riverside Park
- Cool off with the kids at Riverside Waterpark
- Discover a part of Kapuskasing's history by visiting the Prisoner of War Internment Memorial and Cemetery
- Discover Kapuskasing's heritage by visiting the Ron Morel Memorial Museum
- Enjoy wood-fired pizza at Papa Franco's
- Go backwoods camping in Kapuskasing's wilderness
- Go bowling at North Side Lanes
- Go horse-back riding at Starview Stables
- Grab a souvenir at the Welcome Centre, recently renovated in its 1930s style
- Have a picnic in Riverside Park
- Hike along the Kapuskasing River by using Lovers' Lane
- Hike or mountain bike to view the thundering Sturgeon Falls on the Kapuskasing River
- Launch your canoe or kayak on the Kapuskasing River
- Sample locally-made cheese at La Fromagerie Kapuskoise - yes they have squeaky cheese curds!
- Savour the world-famous cream puffs at "La" Boulangerie
- Shop for fresh produce and homemade crafts at the local Farmers' Market (from August to October)
- Sit in the Circle's cobblestone seating area, relax and enjoy an ice cream cone from Circle Confectionary
- Study two examples of neo-Tudor architecture by visiting the Civic Centre and Drury Place buildings, built in the late 1920s
- Take in a movie or matinée at Royal Theatre
- Take selfies:
25. Tee off at the Kapuskasing Golf Club - one of the most challenging golf courses in Northern Ontario
26. Visit La Forge Jos Godin on Brunetville Road.
27. Watch the alluring Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)
In the wintertime...
- Curl up with a book by the fireplace at the Kapuskasing Library
- Go skating, curling, or play hockey at the Sports Palace arena
- Go snowmobiling through the region's many well-groomed trails
- Use the outdoor rink or go tobogganing down Murdock Hill
- Hit the Kap Nordic cross-country ski & snowshoe trails
- Watch Riverside Park light up during the Festival of Lights in November