The magical holiday season is drawing near, and as it approaches, traditions continue. The Town of Kapuskasing is organizing another magnificent family outing during the Festival of Lights opening ceremony.
Be part of the holiday magic as we transform Riverside Park into a Winter Wonderland as more than 400,000 ft2 of colourful lights set the mood for the festive season ahead. Our wish is to ensure that the annual Festival of Lights continues to be Kapuskasing's warmest, brightest and most impressive winter holiday tradition.
The Festival of Lights will kick off on November 19 at 6:30 p.m. in Riverside Park.
- Join the Santa Parade departing from Knowles Building Centre at 6:30 p.m.
- LED pendant necklaces provided to the kids by the Royal Candian Legion Branch 85
- Sing along with the Jubilee Singers & Friends at the Gazebo
- Admire the hundreds of thousands of lights
- Enjoy horse-drawn sleigh rides until 8 p.m.
- Sip on a Tim Hortons hot chocolate
- Participate in a scavenger hunt with the kids
- Warm up by the massive bonfire!
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Assurances Robichaud Insurance
- BlueBird Bus Line
- Caisse Populaire Kapuskasing
- Chevaliers de Colomb 2777
- Downtown Merchants Association
- G-T Plumbing & Heating
- Innovations Construction
- Knowles Building Centre
- Rotary Club of Kapuskasing
- Royal Canadian Legion - Branch 85
- Royal Theatre
- Service Master
- Tembec Kapuskasing Operations
- Tim Hortons Kapuskasing
Stay tuned for more information or join our Facebook event for all updates.
Download our printable 2016-2017 Winter Events Calendar.
Visit our online Events Calendar.