Skip to main content Skip to footer

Special Event Permits

Municipal Alcohol Policy

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission regulates the sale and serving of liquor in licenced establishments and at special events. There are different processes depending on the type of event and whether it's held indoors or outdoors.

The Town of Kapuskasing's involvement with your event is dependent on a few factors:

  • If your event (wedding, party, etc.) involves alcohol in one of our facilities and parks
  • If you are a business selling alcohol

Event with alcohol in a Town facility

The Corporation of the Town of Kapuskasing wishes to provide a policy for responsible management practices at functions requiring a Special Occasion Permit held on or in the Town's municipal facilities and parks.

The Town of Kapuskasing also wishes to reduce and/or avoid alcohol-related problems that could result in litigation being directed towards the Corporation, its staff, community organizations, volunteers and participants.

Requirements specific to the facility and/or park are identified and individuals must meet these conditions when applying for a Special Occasion Permit. Please review the Town's Municipal Alcohol Policy for more information.

View the available Town facilities and park rental options. Contact the Administration Office at 705-337-4252 or email your request.

Businesses selling alcohol

Business owners who want to serve and sell alcohol inside their building or outdoor patio must apply to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). The Municipality becomes involved as they must sign off on the Municipal Information Form.

Please contact the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) for more information. The process can take about 10 to 12 weeks as a number of approvals are required. Please note that changes in ownership, adding a patio and/or renewing the licence requires further contact with the AGCO.

Contact the Clerk Department if you have any questions.

Special Event Application for Food Vendors

Any individual or group planning to organize and/or operate an event (indoors or outdoors) where persons may gather for the consumption of food and/or beverages, shall notify the Porcupine Health Unit by completing Special Event Application a minimum of 15 days prior to the event.

Examples of such events are:

This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.